We are going to be discussing the following readings at the conference. Remember, the more you put into something, the more you’ll get out of it. So if you want to have an amazing weekend, please read these!
- “Your Refined Heavenly Home” by Elder Douglas Callister
- Second Essay or Treatise on Civil Government by John Locke
- “Teaching the Doctrine of the Family” by Sister Julie Beck
- The Lost Prince by Frances Hodgson Burnett for the young men
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett for the young women
As you read (or listen) please come up with good, thought provoking questions to ask during the discussions as these always make colloquia better.
Special note on the two fiction books:
In both these books we have people in very mundane situations who are genuinely “royal.” What makes them this way? How do they act? How are they different from normal people? What several things distinguish them? What are things the “mediocre” people in the books do that detract from who they really are? Please think about these things as you read.