If I were starting out to find some resources on vaccine information that aren’t into scaring people, here’s where I would go:
- http://mothering.com/vaccines has excellent information, including an interview with a medical doctor
- http://nvic.org is a national nonprofit watchdog over vaccinations organization
- http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/six-reasons-to-say-no-to-vaccination/ is written by Sarah Pope, a blogger. She is definitely against vaccines. She is the daughter of an old-fashioned MD who made house calls. Sometimes she went with him. She has a perspective that is rare, one of seeing medical skill combined with a wisdom that relied on Grandma’s home remedies. She wrote a fabulous article about how to prevent and deal with childhood illnesses, you can read more about it here http://treeoflifemothering.ning.com/forum/topics/what-are-your-favorite-dr-mom
- http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/home is the link to the Greater Good, a documentary about vaccines that is balanced and not into scare tactics. It follows the stories of three families who were affected by vaccines without hysteria. It raises questions about vaccinations without giving you the answers. You can read my review of the movie here http://treeoflifemothering.ning.com/profiles/blogs/summary-of-the-greater-good-movie-you-will-want-to-watch-this-mov
- The Vaccine Book by Dr. Bob Sears M.D. is a good starting point to show there are risks
- What Your Doctor Won’t Tell You About Vaccinations, written by Stephanie Cave M.D. is another great starting point
- The chapter on vaccines in the book, How to Raise a Healthy Child In Spite of Your Doctor, by Robert Mendelssohn, M.D. is very good.