Want to make some healthful Valentine’s Day treats? Out of something besides white glue (flour) and artificial colors?
How about some healthful cut-out sugar cookies? Here’s one. I didn’t get a picture of them with the pretty, naturally pink frosting, sorry, but they were good!
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- Dash Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth (you may want to warm your coconut oil up in a double boiler but it is not necessary if you blend it long enough).
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill (this is just to make it easy to work with).
- Spread dough out evenly using a rolling pin or cover the dough in cling wrap and just press down with your hands.
- Cut out your cookies using a cookie cutter.
- Place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes (until golden brown).
- Gently place cookies on a cooling rack and let cool.
- You can ice these cookies or serve them plain. Both are equally delicious.
4 oz softened cream cheese
1/4 cup softened butter
1 drop cinnamon or peppermint essential oil
1 cup powdered sugar (grind up 1 cup sucanat or rapadura in blender to powder it)
1 TBS size piece of roasted beet (or some beet juice)